Ana Kasparian interviews award-winning Rolling Stone political writer and all-around badass Matt Taibbi. Matt is the author of more than half a dozen books – his latest is Insane Clown President: Dispatches from the 2016 Circus, detailing his experience covering the 2016 presidential race, as well as his thoughts on the series of events that led us to what many perceive as the brink of the collapse of the American experiment in representative democracy.
Buy Matt Taibbi’s new book ‘Insane Clown President: Dispatches from the 2016 Circus’ here: https://www.amazon.com/Insane-Clown-President-Dispatches-Circus/dp/0399592466
About the interview:
– The interview shows the many factors that led to Trump winning.
– The establishment set the stage for his victory because they pursued donors and became disconnected to average Americans.
– Media was embedded with those politicians and thus became part of the establishment bubble.
– Politics has become less policy driven
– The candidate that said, “I hear you” got the support, they resonated with the people.
Like this interview? Enough that you want to throw a little Bitcoin our way? Great! Do it here: https://www.coinbase.com/TYT
For more interviews, subscribe TYT Interviews: https://www.youtube.com/tytinterviews
Buy TYT Merch: http://shoptyt.com/
The Largest Online News Show in the World. Hosted by Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian. LIVE STREAMING weekdays 6-8pm ET. http://www.tytnetwork.com/live
Young Turk (n), 1. Young progressive or insurgent member of an institution, movement, or political party. 2. Young person who rebels against authority or societal expectations. (American Heritage Dictionary)
Download audio and video of the full two hour show on-demand + the members-only post game show by becoming a member at http://www.tytnetwork.com/join/. Your membership supports the day to day operations and is vital for our continued success and growth.