OpenDemocracy Executive Director Dan Weeks is helping to lead the charge across New Hampshire – and the nation – to end money’s corrosive effect on our democracy.
After riding more than 10,000 miles on Greyhound buses across the U.S., keeping to a poverty budget of $16 a day and speaking with people from all walks of life about solving the nation’s problems, Dan became convinced that the first order of business is getting money out of politics.
In this interview he and The Young Turks’ Cenk Uygur discuss:
– Birddogging presidential candidates across New Hampshire to ask them one key question about the issue of money in politics.
– The ever-growing movement to overturn Citizens United and restore democracy.
– Which Democrats – and Republicans – have agreed to support a constitutional amendment to get money out of politics.
– Why it’s perfectly reasonable that poor people have all but given up on voting.
– How everyday Americans can get involved to effect positive change and have their voices heard.
Like this interview? Enough that you want to throw a little Bitcoin our way? Great! Do it here: https://www.coinbase.com/TYT
For more interviews, subscribe to our channel HERE: https://www.youtube.com/user/TYTInterviews
Support The Young Turks by Subscribing http://www.youtube.com/user/theyoungturks
Support TYT for FREE by doing your Amazon shopping through this link (bookmark it!) http://www.amazon.com/?tag=theyoungturks-20
Support The Young Turks by becoming a member of TYT Nation at http://http://www.tytnetwork.com/subscribe. Your membership supports the day to day operations and is vital for our continued success and growth. In exchange, we provided members only bonuses! We tape a special Post Game show Mon-Thurs and you get access to the entire live show at your convenience in video, audio and podcast formats.