One of the earliest digital entrepreneurs, Drew Curtis built Fark.com into a hugely popular news aggregation site to rival Huffington Post, Drudge Report and Yahoo. Now he’s set his sights on a new challenge: an upstart independent campaign for governor of Kentucky, running on a platform of getting money out of politics, data-driven policy making and adopting best practices from other states’ experiences. Does he really have a chance?
In this interview, Curtis and The Young Turks’ Cenk Uygur discuss:
– What, exactly, “Fark” means anyway
– How idiotic non-news has come to dominate the mainstream news media
– Whether the electorate is primed for a candidate who’s not about “business as usual”
– Massive government corruption that’s hidden in plain sight
– Can a gubernatorial candidate win by admitting that his/her state is not number one?
– How fact-and-data-based governance would function
– Curtis’ chances of breaking up the two-party duopoly in Kentucky and across the country
Check out the Drew Curtis for Governor campaign online at www.drewcurtis.com
Like this interview? Enough that you want to throw a little Bitcoin our way? You can do that here: https://www.coinbase.com/TYT
For more interviews, subscribe to our channel HERE: https://www.youtube.com/user/TYTInterviews
Support The Young Turks by Subscribing http://www.youtube.com/user/theyoungturks
Support TYT for FREE by doing your Amazon shopping through this link (bookmark it!) http://www.amazon.com/?tag=theyoungturks-20
Support The Young Turks by becoming a member of TYT Nation at http://http://www.tytnetwork.com/subscribe. Your membership supports the day to day operations and is vital for our continued success and growth. In exchange, we provided members only bonuses! We tape a special Post Game show Mon-Thurs and you get access to the entire live show at your convenience in video, audio and podcast formats.