http://www.facebook.com/ScienceReason … Hubblecast 25: What’s Next? Amazing Telescopes Of The Future.
The telescope has been mankind’s window on the Universe for four hundred years. It has provided scientists with unprecedented views of planets, stars and galaxies from our cosmic doorstep to the very depths of space and time. But despite their incredible performance, even the newest and most powerful telescopes leave room for improvement. Astronomers always want to venture beyond their current horizons. In this final chapter we take a look at things to come – the revolutionary ground-based telescopes and space observatories of the future. One thing is certain: there is much left to discover.
Welcome to the Hubblecast! Hubblecast features news and Images from the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope. Hubblecast is the name for Video Podcast produced by the ESA/Hubble team. Now anyone can follow the hottest and coolest discoveries from the near and far Universe – anywhere, anytime, for free!
• ESA/Hubble (M. Kornmesser & L. L. Christensen)
• Visual design & Editing: Martin Kornmesser
• Animations: Martin Kornmesser & Luis Calçada
• Web Hosting: Leibniz-Rechenzentrum (LRZ)
• Web Technical Support: Lars Holm Nielsen, Raquel Yumi Shida
• Written by: Govert Schilling & Lars Lindberg Christensen
• Host: Dr. J
• Narration: Howard Cooper & Bob Fosbury
• Design: Martin Kornmesser
• Cinematography: Peter Rixner
• Music: movetwo
• Directed by: Lars Lindberg Christensen
Dr. J is a German astronomer at the ESO. His scientific interests are in cosmology, particularly on galaxy evolution and quasars. Dr. J’s real name is Joe Liske and he has a PhD in astronomy.